Monday, April 27, 2015

pandang ke bawah

Throughout the time, I learn that we are perfectly happy when we can live without the thing (someone) we thought we need the most. Relationship could be one. In my case, it's money.

It was scary that I'm no longer getting salary. I unwillingly started to spend less. I even get to the extend where I'm thinking to liquidate some of my asset.

Somehow
Living carefree is delusional yet delighting. I'm talking about taking a breath at the comfort zone. I am currently unemployed and I could never be happier. I can finally get to do everything that I wanted. Importantly, I learn that I can still be happy without (with less) money. I started to look for cheaper entertainment and hobby. I do lots of movie marathon at home with my friends, and I started to read everything on my bookshelves too. 


there is more to life than money 
Money make the world go round, but it's not just that.

In another word, in your personal hierarchy of needs, try not to put money on the top. There are more to life like, faith, family, hobby and interest, and much more.

One time the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam deliver advice to Abu Dhar. Abu Dhar said,
أمرني خليلي صلى الله عليه وسلم بسبع أمرني بحب المساكين والدنو منهم وأمرني أن أنظر إلى من هو دوني ولا أنظر إلى من هو فوقي
" My love, that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam ruled for seven cases to me, (whom): [1] He was commanded to love the poor and close to them, [ 2] he was commanded so to see people who are below me (in the matter of property and the world), as well so I do not pay attention to those who are above me . ... "(HR. Ahmad. Shaykh Al Arnauth Shoaib said that this hadith authentic )


Why not to look at those who are above you?
People may questions you, if you keep on looking downward, when will you reach the top? 
Aim for the moon they said, you will fall among the stars they said. People above us can inspire, motivate and can be our goal. But trust me, you're gonna get jealous and end up distress. Click here to read on The Cause and Effect of Jealousy. Jealousy is a mental cancer and it's going to effect you badly. 

Alhamdulillah, I am blessed with a supportive parents. They teach me to look at those who are below me and learn to be grateful. We must not underestimate the favor of Allah to us. Some get less, you get more, so be grateful.

No comments:

themes

My Favorite Blogs