Monday, June 15, 2015

Ramadan is coming but...

Ramadan is coming and I have mixed feelings.

I am excited because it's Ramadan, duh.
I must say it's the month where I will be more at peace, my learning will be more defined, and the relationship between me and God is more pronounced.

But it would be sucks that I won't get to have as much fun as before.
Karaoke, television, musics, games, bla2
I am upset that I am upset about it.

Look at it as an opportunity.
Like I said in my last post, it's all about how you choose to react. I choose to look at it as an opportunity. It's an opportunity for me to be stronger in many ways.

Last Ramadan,
I loaded my iPod with Maher Zain's tracks. It's entertaining and expressive at the same time. A few songs  like, Forgive Me and One Big Family, bring me to tears I must say. I have a fickle heart. The songs are not just music, they are salawat, stories (sirah) and also about the prophet Muhammad.

Besides, I have no choice but to visit the mosque everyday.
It's a good training and exposure. I get to perform solat jemaah, attend kuliah which is my favorite part, and the supper (moreh) where I get to chit chat with the #villagepeople. It's a shame that I don't go to mosque everyday off Ramadan. I need to improve that part.

Every single day since the last Ramadan, I'm growing.
If I'm growing bolder, this Ramadan will be the catalyst to boost my mission to be a better Muslim, but forgive me I have sinned, this Ramadan will also be the month of redemption.

It's weird though that I enjoy do ibadah and maksiat equally.
Something is wrong with my pillar.

Experimenting is exciting. It could go wrong, but
There is no such thing as perfect or complete, only continuous improvement.
I will continue to improve.



No comments:

My Favorite Blogs